Hiring Organization / Company: Ibm
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an TSM Backup Admin, you are responsible to provide L2 and L3 level technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- As a Subject matter expert, you will provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to IBM SAN products and Switches.
- Diagnose storage products and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
- Participate in disaster recovery, planning, changes, upgrades, implementation and tests as scheduled.
- Primary on call support for Storage and associated switch products.
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
- Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 + years of experience in TSM products v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 and V8.x etc.
- Working knowledge in TSM Administrator v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 and V8.1.1 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linus environments
- Experience in creation and configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle, Lotus Notes, and Sybase databases, RAW, Flash for various Netbackup clients.
- Proficient in design the complete Backup, Restore strategy. Configuration of Backups- Full/Incremental/Image/Sub-file and Troubleshooting
- Responsible to implement High Availability, Workload Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery.
- Solid understanding in configuration of inventory expiration, migration, reclamation, TSMDB backup Admin Schedules.
- Experience in creating backup scripts for user backup for UNIX and Windows servers.
- Proven experience debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business UnitThis position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportu 345242BRnities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location Information:
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs at the moment. In most cases, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an implausible and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide vital training, belongings, and systems for activity seekers. These companies will also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Internet test for job firms on your areamust uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The end purpose for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring activity for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash while cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.