Hiring Organization / Company: Dhl Express
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Title – TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR
DHL is a leading global brand in the logistics industry. DHL’s family of divisions offers an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services, ranging from national and international parcel delivery, international express, road, air and ocean transport, to industrial supply chain management. With its unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “THE logistics company for the world”.
DHL Express is a company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 & now is active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. We connect people and improve their lives. And we do it by being uncompromisingly customer-centric and delivering excellence day in and day out. By bringing people together and making life simpler – for our customers, our employees, our investors, and our society – we help make the world a better place.
DHL Express is looking for a Transportation Coordinator to join and lead our team. He/she will be responsible to provide air uplift and/or domestic trucking/shuttle infrastructure, which supports local and network service objectives and standards. Ensure services remain cost-effective through effective management and continuous improvement of optimal airline and trucking cost and service mix.
- Role title : Transportation Coordinator
- Corporate/Business : DHL Express
- Department/Function : Operations
- Job family : EXP IN International Transportation
- Reports to : Gateway Manager
Scope of role
- Budgeted T/O in m or bn € [year]: Transportation costs budget for gateway
- Support country profitability targets.
- Direct/Indirect reports [year]: Indirect: Transportation Agents
- Other relevant dimension: Authority includes minor changes to flight and shuttle schedules, minor changes to line haul rates, minor organizational changes and purchases as per agreed guidelines. Decisions referred to a higher authority include major changes to flight and shuttle schedules, significant increase in line haul rates, major changes to the organization and purchases outside agreed guidelines.
He/she will have to perform the following key activities:
- Establish the flight scheduling and allocation lodgment to guarantee the timely air transportation of the shipment.
- Develop/Establish contingency plan for the specific project customers and specific requirement
- Participate the meeting and conference and provide the proper solution if necessary.
- Provide analysis and report on GTW KPI and core activities.
- Provide administrative support for the Transportation issues.
- Gateway management peers:
- Closely communicate to share the transportation information and update to facilitate GTW operations efficiently.
- Local country management:
- Provide forecasting and planning data to support network and local country business plans.
- AP Regional Office:
- Implement RO requirements in local environment and roll-out based on RO goals and mission.
- Represent local DHL as the virtual/efficient counterpart in Transportation issue.
- Negotiate Airline space on the appropriate flight with the most advantageous line haul rate.
- Set-up the relevant contract for the airline space with Service Level Agreement by taking advantage of local and regional purchasing power and influence.
- Represent DHL as the communication channel for airline issue and build up the good relationship.
- Trucking contractors:
- Negotiate most advantageous unit line haul rates for DHL by taking advantage of local and regional purchasing power and influence.
- Local and global accounts:
- Establish the flight schedule and space allocation for the specific customers requirement.
- Set-up the contingency plan with the alternative flight schedule and space allocation then, activate when required.
- Vehicle maintenance providers:
- Set-up the relevant contract for maintenance performance and establish Service Level Agreement.
- In accordance with agreed DHL transportation schedule/routing.
- Build-up the good relationship to make the advantage of the regular and ad-hoc basis service.
- DHL network:
- Provide accurate and timely information impacting to the linehaul policy/strategy.
- Support the requirements on linehaul issues for the emergent and non-regular basis case.
- Gateway and Hubs
- Coordinate trucking links between gateway and local country operations centres;
- Supervise fleet management of gateway vehicles.
- Local DHL Management
- Build-up most profitable linhehaul/shuttle schedule to meet /maintain competitive pick-up and delivery cut-off time.
- Provide timely and accurate linehaul information to
- Reflect to the strategies and sales tools.
- Transportation Planning and Management:
- Conduct continuous planning and analysis to achieve a fine balance between transit time requirements, linehaul service performance and cost management targets.
- Coordinate cargo space bookings and flight scheduling in accordance with the needs and requirements of local and regional accounts.
- Forecast shipment volumes.
- Make contingency plans and decisions to maintain uninterrupted service when needed.
- Handle large airfreight quotations and movement.
- Network Flight Management
- Coordinate with stakeholders for On time Performance of flights
- Analysis of space requirements, coordination with stakeholders and optimize capacity to maximize uplift and minimize losses
- Reporting and Policy Development:
- Maintain and manage cost and performance statistics ensuring all reports are on time as per agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for DG policy and handling.
- Cost Management:
- Establish the most profitable contract with 3rd party vendors.
- Evaluate CPK trends and maintain CPK target agreed with RO AVI.
- Analyze cost trend on road transportation and CAL CPK then, take corrective action to maintain agreed cost expenditure in accordance with AOP.
- Transportation Staff Management/Training:
- Ensure transportation performance to improve RFU/RDD.
- Organize resource allocation in accordance with agreed shuttle routing/schedule.
- Provide periodical/ad-hoc training to ensure daily activities within DHL Operations Guideline.
- Ground Handling Process Management:
- Manage/Monitor performance in accordance with agreed SLA
- Identify service improvement/cost management opportunity and allocate resource properly in cooperation with relative parties.
- Ensure compliance to DHL process and Aviation system updates
- Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department. Plan, organize and direct and efficient and effective functional department.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Consult performance appraisal.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written.
- Forecasting skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- 2 years of experience, preferably within airline, transportation or logistics industry.
- Diploma (preferable).
Manishkumar Govindbhai Patel
- 2 years of experience, preferably within airline, transportation or logistics industry.
- Diploma (preferable).
Posting Legal Entity DHL Express India Pvt. Ltd.
Job Location Information:
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of people out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you recognize where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an incredible and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply very important coaching, assets, and programs for process seekers. Those companies will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms in your areaought to uncover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The tip function for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting task for the people who perform well all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.